HypnoBirthing is a tried and proven method that guides and prepares a woman in giving birth in a prepared, peaceful supported manner. It is a program a that considers the psychological and physical well-being of the mother, her birth partner, and the newborn, whether that be in the quiet of a home, a hospital, or a birth center.
The HypnoBirthing program is built around an educational process that includes special breathing, relaxation, visualization, meditative practice, attention to nutrition and positive body toning. Most importantly it fosters an air of mutual respect for the birthing family, as well as the health-care provider in a traditional health-care system or an alternative setting.
WHY CHOOSE HYPNOBIRTHING: THE MONGAN METHOD
Contemporary women in our culture hold an unprecedented fear of giving birth, too often associating it with excruciating pain, thereby causing their bodies to become unable to perform what should be a normal physiological function. HypnoBirthing® is a unique method of relaxed, natural childbirth education enhanced by self‑hypnosis and guided imagery techniques that allow women to use their natural abilities to bring about safer, easier, and more comfortable birthing.
HypnoBirthing® teaches a woman how to release all prior programming about birth to free herself of limiting thoughts and emotions that lead to pain-causing fear and resistant muscles. When giving birth with HypnoBirthing®, a mother is not in a trance or asleep but instead in a state of deep relaxation—awake, aware, and fully in control.
In a series of five confidence- building classes, they learn what makes labor hurt; but more importantly, they learn the logic behind why labor doesn’t have to hurt and what they can do about it. Mothers and their birth companions study the physical and chemical changes that occur over a period of time when fear and anxiety are allowed to accumulate. This awareness of the fight, flight, or freeze response helps them to choose a calm birth. They practice exercises in class, designed to help them see the relationship between fear and the possibility of pain. Armed with this knowledge, the pattern of calming techniques and steps that they learn helps them to create endorphins, and avoid the effect of the negative hormones that cause their bodies to constrict, rather than open.
The overall effect is that birthing parents are better able to appreciate the benefits of calm, gentle birthing, making the experience a joyful one for mother, baby, and birth companion—benefits that can last a life time.
The five-week series includes a textbook, relaxation CD, and everything you need to know to reconnect with your birthing instincts and create an amazing birthing experience.
HypnoBirthing: The Mongan Method program includes 12.5hrs of tuition and is run over five weekly, 2.5hr sessions.
The HypnoBirthing ® advantage
- Eliminates the Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome before, during, and after labor.
- Eliminates or greatly reduces the need for chemical painkillers.
- Shortens the first stage of labor by several hours.
- Eliminates fatigue during labor, leaving mother fresh, awake, and with energy for the actual birthing.
- Eliminates risk of hyperventilation from “shallow” breathing methods.
- Promotes special bonding of mother, baby, and birthing companion.
- More rapid postnatal recovery.
- Returns birthing to the beautiful, peaceful experience nature intended.
- Creates a more integral role for the birthing companion.
• Copy of the book HypnoBirthing: The Mongan Method
• A fully integrated Childbirth Education Program
• Professionally written scripts for home practice
• CDs for relaxation, stress reduction, and bonding with your baby
• Birth plans/preferences sheets
• Set of Birth prompts for your birth partner
• Instruction on deep relaxation techniques for use during birthing
• Instruction on calm breathing methods for use throughout labour and during birthing
• Hypnosis sessions for relaxation, to help eliminate fears, and build confidence for birth
• A guide to pregnancy nutrition
• A program designed to build your confidence and help you achieve a safer, easier, and more comfortable birth
*Travel fees will apply for distances of more than 50km from Jurien Bay
**Group HypnoBirthing Course – If you have a small group of pregnant friends who would like to do the HypnoBirthing® Course together, I am happy to discuss this option. There will be a fee per couple, but it will be discounted from the usual price. This is a way of being able to do the course if your budget is a bit tight. The fee will depend on how many couples are involved. Optimally, this will not exceed three couples.